2024 Mission Estate New Zealand Cross Country Championships
August 3, 2024 - We participated in 2024 New Zealand Cross Country Champs in Napier, and here are the results.
U18 Women 5 km
8th Sarah Hellyer 19:57.40
19th Lisa Hellyer 21:44.80
Official results (in Women 5000m U18)
Sarah:
I was breathing hard as my heart rate was high right from the start. I couldn't surge, which was annoying. My hamstring was alright, but my ankle was a bit sore. I'm happy with my result, though.
Lisa:
I was hanging on to the top group up until 4km but I couldn't breath when I came to the bend after the down-hill. I had to stop and walk a little before I came back to finish the race. I thought I got rid of the cold, but the cough came back this morning so I wasn't expecting that I would do well today. It was one of the toughest race I've done so far.
We'll get rid of the cold first and foremost (!) and then keep working toward road races.