College Sport Auckland Road Race Championships 2024
August 13, 2024 - We participated in Auckland Road Race Champs in Auckland, and here are the results.
Intermediate Girls (U16) 4 km
1st Lisa Hellyer 13:38
10th Sarah Hellyer 14:27
Official results (in Intermediate Girls (U16))
Sarah (who was still coughing quite bad):
I nearly stopped a few times, but a girl behind me (Greta from Baradine) kept talking to me encouraging me, and I was somehow able to finish the race. I was wearing the nice new Asics shoes Jiji and Baba (grand parents) bought us, but I didn't enjoy wearing them today unfortunately. Not happy with the result at all. I can do better.
Lisa:
It was slow at the start, and when coming to the 2nd lap I start bumping on to people and made them nearly trip as they repeatedly sped up and then slowed down a few times so I decided to take off. It was good. The shoes were great. I didn't need to cough during the race which felt quite good (compared to the cross country nationals).
So that's that for the winter cross-country/road race season. We'll take it easy for the rest of the week before starting the build-up toward the next track season.