Auckland City Athletics Club - Race Night 1
October 30, 2024 - Great start for 2024/2025 track season for us! We ran women's 800m race tonight and here is the results.
Women and girls 800 m
1st Lisa Hellyer 2:09.54
2nd Sarah Hellyer 2:10.31
3rd Holly Fausett 2:13.18
Official results (in "800m · Women & Girls · Multiple · Final")
We had Holly from Tauranga running with us tonight. It was great to see her. She said there are a couple races in her way so we can join her there too. We look forward to it!
Post-race comments:
Lisa
At the first lap, I thought I heard another coach saying "65" so I thought I needed to go faster, but then I thought I heard Dad saying "1:35" when 200 m to go so I was a bit confused. I felt a little strange at the last 100 m...but over all I had a good race. The new spike shoes were great. I have to work on closing harder for the last 200 m. I should also wear my jacket straight after the race, and bring more layers next time. It’s still quite cold in the evening!
At the first lap, I thought I heard another coach saying "65" so I thought I needed to go faster, but then I thought I heard Dad saying "1:35" when 200 m to go so I was a bit confused. I felt a little strange at the last 100 m...but over all I had a good race. The new spike shoes were great. I have to work on closing harder for the last 200 m. I should also wear my jacket straight after the race, and bring more layers next time. It’s still quite cold in the evening!
Sarah
I had a great time. I felt quite strong. I wanted to take over Lisa after 300 m, that was our race plan, but I took a bit too long to do so. I have to work on taking over. I'm not very good at it yet. But I was staying focused and paying attention to the end, which was good. I heard Alan* yelling at me lol.
I had a great time. I felt quite strong. I wanted to take over Lisa after 300 m, that was our race plan, but I took a bit too long to do so. I have to work on taking over. I'm not very good at it yet. But I was staying focused and paying attention to the end, which was good. I heard Alan* yelling at me lol.
* a family friend/coach