Auckland City Athletics Club Race Night 2

November 21, 2024 -  We had our 2nd "Fast and Furious" race night at our club. It was really exciting night with lots of PBs and SBs and we even witnessed a new national record! 

Here are our results.

800 m Women and Girls Final A Multiple age groups
1st Lisa Hellyer 2:07.87 PB๐ŸŒŸ
2nd Sarah Hellyer 2:08.72 PB๐ŸŒŸ

200m - Women & Girls - Multiple (+1.5)
6th Lisa Hellyer 26.72 PB๐ŸŒŸ
10th Sarah Hellyer 27.35 PB๐ŸŒŸ

Official results (in "800m · Women & Girls · Multiple · Finals · Summary" and "200m · Women & Girls · Multiple · Finals · Summary")


Post-race comments:

Lisa
The race went really really well!!๐Ÿ˜† We didn't go to the gym on the Monday so the legs and heartrate felt really controlled and raring to go. The first lap was ran in around 64-65 seconds and the last lap was ran in about 63-62 seconds (last 200m 30-31seconds) which was a massive breakthrough for me as I am usually unable to run a negative split race. Earlier in the week (the Sunday before the race), during the sprint training session, I was able to grasp on the technique needed to change my running form from running to sprinting which really helped my last 200m to be one of the fastest ones within the race. I think I can go at least a second faster though, as I was boxed in from around 400m to go and I was wanting to sprint/increase speed from around the 300m to go point. But none the less, it was a pretty perfect race and it was great to experience a race where you just sit and kick!!


Sarah
Both Lisa and I were able to get a PB. I ran 2:08.72 and came second in the race. I also went under the Auckland U18 record by 0.02 seconds but obviously didn't get it because Lisa finished before me. The race went well with our first lap being around 64-65. I was also able to increase my speed at 270m to go and get to the front of the back briefly before getting taken over by Lisa. I felt good throughout the entire race and will still like to run my first lap a bit faster. It is motivating seeing progress before nationals and my confidence is growing.


Popular post