Open Meeting - Porritt Stadium
November 16, 2024 - We ran our 2nd 800 m race for this season, and our first race in Hamilton! Here are the results.
800 m Open (women) - Finals
2nd Lisa Hellyer 2:09.27 SB
3rd Sarah Hellyer 2:09.67 PB🌟
Official results (in "Womens Results" > "800 Meters Open - Finals")
Post-race comments:
Sarah
I raced alongside Bo Richie, Lisa, Holly Fauset and a few others. It was a good race but I could have improved on many things. The main point I took from this race was to focus on running the first lap faster because we ran between 64-65 and should have hit 61-63. Regardless I was proud of the way that I closed the race with close to negative splits and was proud to be able to go around Holly easily to set myself up in a good position with 300 to go. I also PRed by 0.03 seconds so that helps me stay positive and hungry for the next race. I also believe that with repetition of the distance it will become more comfortable and I hope we can get a big PR soon.
Lisa
The race went pretty well. I think I went a little too slow on the first 300m but considering that I had to share my lane as well as being on the outside half, I think I did pretty okay. The seconds lap was definitely better. The final sprint felt like I wasn't giving up so that is always a plus. Next race I am hoping that I can run a faster 1st lap and correct my form when coming down the home stretch.